Happy New Year lovely people! I hope you all had a fabulous festive season and are ready for a great 2016!
Each year so many of us have the New Years resolution of a) get fit and b) lose weight, but some how it still ends up on next years resolution list.
So why not make this year the year you actually achieve those health and fitness goals.
Here are my top 5 tips to help you shed the pounds and keep them of:
1) Learn to be consistent - with your healthy eating and regular exercise. This is the only thing that is going to help you lose weight long term and adopt a healthy lifestyle in the long term. Read my tips on how to master consistency here.
2) Weekends are the same as every other day of the year - "it's the weekend" can no longer be an excuse for glasses of wine, takeaways and boozy meet ups. If you include Friday in your weekend, which most people do, that's 3/7 days you've stopped eating and living healthily - that's pretty much half of your week! Don't deprive yourself, but learn to be empowered by saying NO or suggesting healthy alternatives.
3) Simply eat whole plant foods - this is how I lost 9kg in one year. It might not sound like a lot but I didn't need to lose a lot. Eating natural whole plant foods is going to keep you full with fibre, supercharge your health with extra nutrients and finally make weight loss a breeze. There will be no hunger pains or cravings, just yummy plant-based foods.
4) Balance your hormones - hormones play a huge part in helping us shed the pounds and keep them off. Eat hormone balancing foods such as: fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, as well as whole plant fats such as avocado, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts and coconut. Avoid hormone pumped and antibiotic filled meats, fish containing toxic heavy metals, and keep to a minimum of 1 per day. It's also important to eliminate environmental toxins found in your cleaning products, makeup, hair and body care products and most importantly your drinking and showering water.
5) Dig a little deeper - sometimes we have emotionally unresolved issues or we are particularly critical towards ourselves. These can trigger responses such as comfort eating, binge eating, excessive drinking and self-sabotage - all are going to prevent you from becoming the best version of you, so it's time to deal with it head on. Get it touch here if you would like to talk about this a little further.
If you feel like you need a few more tips I have another blog post here discussing ' 4 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight'.